A Resource For Event News & Insight
- Experiential Marketing 101: 5 Easy Ways to Get Started
- Launch Events - Make them a success!
- Saving Money On Your Tradeshow Program
- No Denying the Importance of Branded Events, People!
- A Look at Generation Z and the Future of Events
- Boston Design Week Event at VDA Productions Was a Success!
- Getting Back to the Human Touch to Grow Your Company
- Trend Alert: Branded Corporate Television Studios/Stages – Instant Gratification!
- TREND ALERT: VDA Productions Introduces Innovative Logo Design to Corporate Branding - Deconstructed Dimensions
- Yo! What Are You Planning?
- Event Industry NewsAscot Structures To Showcase UK's First Enviromentally Friendly Tent At The ...Event Industry NewsAscot Structures have been appointed by Ocean Media Group Ltd, the organisers of the Event Production Show, to provide the tent for The Bamboo Bar, ... (Read Full Article)
- Once upon a time—about a decade ago—it was a fresh marketing idea to bring brands and celebrities together for press-generating, free-stuff bonanzas known as "gifting suites.” But flash forward to the 2011 award season, and the novelty of that concept has flown—swag alone doesn’t draw the desired star wattage and media attention anymore. Now hosts are using suites as fully immersive environments to educate their guests, and are transforming ordinary hotel function spaces into on-brand, pop-up environments appropriate for award season and celebrity glitter, making a visit feel experiential and comfortable rather than just conspicuously grabby ... (Read Full Article)
- Atlantic City continues to grow its nightlife options in hopes of attracting a young cash-spending crowd, as well as events, from New York and Philadelphia. Here's a look at six spots: 1. The 2008 expansion of Harrah’s Atlantic City added the Pool, a massive bar and entertainment site that thrust the resort to the forefront of the club scene. As a result, Harrah’s introduced an adjacent space in 2010. Known as the Loft, the $1 million addition overlooks the main club and can be used for receptions as well as meetings for as many as 100. (Read Full Article)
- Event Production Show to host pop acts for the first timeEvent MagazineThe Event Production Show, which takes place at Olympia from 2-3 February, has unveiled a musical and dance line-up that includes popstar Aggro Santos, ... (Read Full Article)
- Richardson, Texas-based Wingstop Restaurants Inc. has announced plans to expand throughout the Baltimore-Washington Corridor. (Read Full Article)
- Dunkin' Donuts, a subsidiary of Canton, Mass.-based Dunkin' Brands Inc., has signed a multi-unit store development agreement with Sam Patel for two restaurants in Chicago. (Read Full Article)
New World Center: Designed by Frank Gehry, Concert Hall Offers Event Space, Outdoor Projection Screen [MIAMI/SOUTH Florida]The $160 million New World Center off Lincoln Road celebrated its official opening Tuesday night with an invitation-only party and performance by the New World Symphony. But the striking Frank Gehry-designed facility is more than just the new home of the symphony—it is also a multifunctional event space offering several venues and advanced technology. The main, 30,000-square-foot performance hall has 14 distinct configurations of the stage and seating for 756 people. Nearly one-third of the seats retract to offer flat-floor and cabaret-style seating options. Visitors enter the hall from its center, by the stage, which provides a 360-degree ... (Read Full Article)
- DB to exhibit its temporary internet business at The Event Production ShowEvent Industry NewsIT & AV rental company, DB Systems, will showcase its Event Networks & Telecoms division, which specialises in providing venues and events with a modern ... (Read Full Article)
- ISE 2011 set to be largest AV show ever held in Europe (26/1/2011)HiddenWires... broad range of industries including building automation, unified communications, event production, digital signage, visualisation and lighting control. ... (Read Full Article)
- Cost measures remain top priority, but companies also focused on improved traveler experience, safety and security. (Read Full Article)
Museum Event Provides Education for Children and Visibility for Partner I.B.M. [MIAMI/SOUTH Florida]For the third year in a row, I.B.M. partnered with the Museum of Discovery and Science in Fort Lauderdale for its "Design Squad: Built It Challenge" on Saturday and Sunday. The company said its involvement serves two purposes: to get children excited about careers in engineering and to give the company exposure in the area. “South Florida doesn’t have a lot of visibility like other parts of the country where we have headquarters located,” said Samine Jernigan, an I.B.M. manager who oversees the museum partnership. “We used to have a bigger physical presence, but now ... (Read Full Article)
- Rachel Sterne had to know she was in for some public scrutiny after Mayor Bloomberg announced her appointment as the city's first-ever chief digital officer this week. Presumably the 27-year-old entrepreneur and Columbia Business School professor was hired in part for her social-media savvy and public presence online. Her work with GroundReport, the citizen news portal she founded in 2006, also seems likely to inform the next logical step of aging initiatives like Bloomberg's 311 system. Indeed, Sterne, who will take home $115,000 for the gig, told the Times, "A big part of this is listening to ... (Read Full Article)
- The 1,000 guests in feathered and beaded garb at Saturday’s "Big Night 12" benefit braved the cold and headed to the Big Easy—kind of. Corinthian Events turned the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center into a New Orleans-themed Mardi Gras party to benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of Massachusetts Bay with costumes, 10-foot masquerade masks, 12-foot jester mannequins, body-painted performers, and live music from the the Goonies and Michael Franti and Spearhead, brought in by Lordly & Dame. The eight-hour party, Big Brother Big Sister’s largest annual fund-raiser, has pulled in nearly $20 million since its inception. “Everything ... (Read Full Article)
- If you don't have the time or interest to watch the entire State of the Union address, you're in luck! Our four-minute montage of the speech's most important moments has you covered. Unrealizable goals! Veto threats! Salmon! It's all there. Read more posts by Dan Amira Filed Under: united we sit, barack obama, salmon, state of the union, video (Read Full Article)
- Just days after the January 26 blizzard that sent the city into a tizzy, Republican Councilman Daniel J. Halloran, of Queens, claimed that the city's sanitation workers were told to intentionally slow down the snow removal process. Halloran claimed that five city workers—two supervisors and three sanitation workers—had come to his office to report that they had been told to ease up snow removal efforts in order to embarrass Mayor Michael Bloomberg. But why? “They were told to make the mayor pay,” Mr. Halloran told the New York Post, “for the layoffs, the reductions in rank of ... (Read Full Article)
- Mixed-use project designed by GreenbergFarrow and Croxton Collaborative Architects (Read Full Article)
- The art of Salvador Dali came to life Saturday night at Sueños de Dali, the final event—and the only one open to the public—in a series of grand opening celebrations for the new Dali Museum in St. Petersburg. More than 800 people purchased $111 tickets to attend the party, inspired by Dali’s dreams (sueños, in Spanish) and filled with interpretations of the Spanish artist’s surreal works. “We wanted to have a party that Dali himself would have enjoyed and approved of,” said Jody Morelli, president of the museum’s guild, which hosted the celebration and fund-raiser. (Read Full Article)
- The latest edition of the Real Estate Investment Outlook, a quarterly report produced by National Real Estate Investor, Retail Traffic and Marcus & Millichap Real Estate Investment Services, shows that sentiment took a huge leap forward in recent months across all property types. Investor sentiment surged to a record level of 152 — a huge increase over the 119 rating achieved in third quarter. In fact, the most recent index rating tops the previous all-time high of 148 recorded in 2005. The Inve (Read Full Article)
- Retail sales volume in the fourth quarter of 2010 hit its highest point in three years. (Read Full Article)
- RCA’s Fourth Quarter 2010 Retail Investment Sales Trends (Read Full Article)